What to expect immediately following treatment:
- Red needle puncture marks
These side effects are common and should resolve over the next few days.
Tips for recovery week 1:
- Pain can be controlled with ice packs and pain medication such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen
- Use an extra pillow to elevate for sleeping to reduce facial swelling in the morning
- Gentle skin care is extremely important, we recommend:
- Gentle cleanser (i.e. Gentle Cleanser by SkinCeuticals)
- Do not rub your skin; be gentle and dab only. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repairing moisturizer (i.e. Epidermal Repair by SkinCeuticals) – this can be applied (dab on) as often as you wish (minimum 4 times a day). It is important to keep the treated areas moisturized to reduce discomfort and help healing.
- Touching your face for the remainder of the day/night post treatment
- Going into the sun without sun protection
- Going in a sauna or steam room for 1 week
- Strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Using AHAs, Retinols, Vitamin C, or oil-based makeup for 1 week
There is a small possibility that a treatment may induce an outbreak of facial cold sores in patients with a previous history. If you develop a cold sore after a treatment, please contact us for a follow up appointment.
If you develop worsening pain, blisters, or fever – please contact us at
(519) 971-9542 or email [email protected]